Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 17 - Things are smoothing out

by Ulli

Things are getting better as you can see from below. I also see that Cirrus' average speed over the last 24h went up to 5.7kn, which is good.

Anyone with plans for a Welcome-Party note that destination is now changed back to Richmond Yacht Club! I suppose 8pm is PDT, but better look at this blog again before you leave.

I can tell you that there is quite some scrambling behind the scenes, but I'll let those deeper involved tell the story later.


from Chris by Sat-Phone call to Agnes, by email to me. Agnes says:

Chris called me on the Sat Phone today, and gave me this information. I've
sent it to YOTREPS.

TIME: 2010/06/17 15:55
LATITUDE: 37-32.575N
LONGITUDE: 126-09.855W
COURSE: 065T
SPEED: 5.0
MARINE: YES
WIND_SPEED: 25
WIND_DIR: N
SWELL_DIR: N
SWELL_HT: 3.7M
SWELL_PER: 8
CLOUDS: 100%
VISIBILITY: 8
COMMENT:

He told me that Kate is doing well. She is responding to her medicine, and
she is up eating food and drinking tea. She is not dehydrated, and she
should continue to improve.

He reported that Bill confirmed that they are going to the Richmond Yacht
Club, not to KKMI. They have 175 miles to the Golden Gate, and at about 5
knots, which is what Chris reports that they are doing, they will get to the
GG in 35 hours (8 pm Friday) and then they should get to the RYC an hour or
so after that. I will be bringing them warm clothes and hot drinks in
addition to the picnic I have planned.

1 comment:

  1. To confirm Ulli's assumption (and to apologize for being vague) the arrival time estimated is definitely PDT. Thanks for the reminder, Ulli.
    -Agnes

    ReplyDelete