Thursday, July 15, 2010

On Eating Well

By Kathy

Yes, I am Caroline's servant. I move all my stuff over to her preferred bunk before she goes off watch, so she can have it all when she gets off watch. This is not much of an effort as she uses two airfoam mattresses on top of the already comfy boat cushions. Plus, she cooks all the meals that need cooking, and yes, I will stand watches for food. Every single item was shopped for my Caroline and myself, so we have all our favorite foods and snacks and beverages. I have eaten every meal and extras, above and below decks. I have made offerings to the sea gods, but not since Mark slapped a scopalamine patch on my neck. And here I am typing this!

I even managed to watch several episodes of "Firefly" on my iPad today. I have let Caroline watch them as well. I will trade iPad time for food. On occasion, I will even watch dishes!

Most people are up for my 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. watch. In the afternoon, I take a nap, and then get up for dinner at six. Then I take another nap until 10 p.m., changing over to "Caroline's bunk" when she goes on at 6 p.m., so she can have it when I start my watch at 10. It all seems to work out. Tonight we are having Shepard's Pie for dinner. I may have to stop soon to eat. OK, I'm stopping.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment